BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2007 K1200LT with the factory GPS harness and mount already there. I'm considering a GPS unit, and I'm not sure which units the harness is compatible with (without modifying it). Anyone have a small list of possible units? I understand most of the BMW Motorrad units were basically Garmins. Any recommendations?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,123 Posts
It should fit any of the 26, 27 & 2800 series Garmins and there are a lot of good deals on refurbs out there. I run a 2720 myself. If you also have the cradle with the four buttons - they will not work with the garmin units.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Better late than never - the wiring harness will not work with a 2610, but it does with the 27xx series and up. I tried to use it with my ole 2610 and I had a number of problems with it as it would change from display page to another display page by itself. Sent the unit back to Garmin and they replaced it, but it still did the same thing. I then used it in my car and no problems. Replaced it with a 27xx on the bike and everything worked great.

Now I'm suing a Zumo for which I had to change the wiring from the harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts