BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Great Event !!

jebain2002 said:
Just a quick reminder, registration is now open for the 2007 Cape Fear 1000 Rally. Check out the website at www.capefear1000.com
or directly to:
http://jasonjonas.com/rides/registrationRequest.do?init=Y&id=28
Highly recommended to riders, Jim puts on a great event. What I find unique about the event is there are 4 starting locations to help accommodate a greater number of riders. So if you want to get your feet wet in LD rally riding sign up now .
See you in Wilmington, N C

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
messenger13 said:
Is Cape Fear BMW involved in this in anyway?
I dont think so Jim Bain and his crew run the show.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I am in

murray said:
I dont think so Jim Bain and his crew run the show.
I had the pleasure of meeting Greg Roberts, one of the Coastal Carolina Rally Krewe, in Stockton at the Stagecoach a few days ago. While he didn't, of course, let out any info on the Rally, he promised a good time.
See ya in Wilmington. I am starting from Sarasota.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
mjac said:
I had the pleasure of meeting Greg Roberts, one of the Coastal Carolina Rally Krewe, in Stockton at the Stagecoach a few days ago. While he didn't, of course, let out any info on the Rally, he promised a good time.
See ya in Wilmington. I am starting from Sarasota.
Well I could be wrong, But historically the Rally Master calls the shots and that would be Jim. Regardless glad your riding. Had a great time last year even though we had torrential down pours.

·
Registered
684 Posts
murray said:
Well I could be wrong, But historically the Rally Master calls the shots and that would be Jim. Regardless glad your riding. Had a great time last year even though we had torrential down pours.
No, you are not wrong. Of course the Rally Master calls the shots.
With no disrespect to Jim Bain, who I have not had the pleasure of meeting, or yourself, my post was merely to note that I had met one of Jim's helpers.
To call Mr Roberts a helper seemed so, well, disrespectful. I preferred to use the phase "one of the Coastal Carolina Rally Krewe" as does the Cape Fear web site.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Mike , look foreword to meeting you as well. And the crew I was referring to is the costal carolina crew..

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm in ... right now slated to start in Hattiesburg MS, but was also debating starting in Cairo IL.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had a blast at this rally last year, great BBQ from Sticky Fingers to go with the six pack boni. I'm in again, Mike I'll see you in Sarasota. -Chuck-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe:

Short answer - Nope. No sponsors other than the Coastal Carolina Rally Krewe. That having been said, Cape Fear BMW has approached us about getting involved in some way, tech tent, promo stuff, etc., and we are considering the offer, but no details have been worked out yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts