BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase my first BMW.
Is 2007 a good year?
Looking at a unit with 54k miles and costs $8500 , has Russell Daylong saddle , Cruse, heated grips & Seat, Cee Bailey shield , engine bars .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm looking to purchase my first BMW.
Is 2007 a good year?
Looking at a unit with 54k miles and costs $8500 , has Russell Daylong saddle , Cruse, heated grips & Seat, Cee Bailey shield , engine bars .
I'm considering a used R1200RT also, so if any of you other RT wonks out there respond to this thread I'd like your thoughts on pros and cons for any specific year and what kind of issues you have to watch out for on a used bike.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Yes, 2007 is a very good year. The first year RT without assisted brakes. I have one and have no plans to part with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't take my eyes off that Blue is Amazing .
You have any problems with that year model not having drain plug on rear end?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Loving my '07. 16k on the clock and it is so smooth and comfortable and keeps getting better. Never a whimper from her. Lots of cool aftermarket stuff! Easy bike to work on....enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Love my '07. Met a former '07 owner who was on a '13. He said he preferred his '07 to the new one. Not sure specifically why.

Love that mine has very few options... only heated grips/seat, on-board computer and cruise. I could live without the cruise. Prefer to keep things simple.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Love my '07. Prefer to keep things simple.

I like the way you think Brock.

That's a really cool photo. Would be extremely cool if you didn't have that ninja turtle ugly ass jacket on. :D :D :D :D

HEY!! just joking. Wear whatever the heck ya want. :p

That is a great photo.

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
I can't take my eyes off that Blue is Amazing .
You have any problems with that year model not having drain plug on rear end?
I am just about to put my '07 on the market! It is blue, and has the large top box with the lid painted to match!

Draining the FD with that single rear port is not a problem, but it does require you to rotate the FD 90 deg. to drain. Not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only major problem I had with my 07 was the ABS module. Somewhat of a common problem on the 07's. I believe the brush holders were to tight and the brushes would stick causing a fault.

I have a spare ABS unit for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Would be extremely cool if you didn't have that ninja turtle ugly ass jacket on
Hey, I spent about $500 for the privilege of having that jacket. Should keep the skin on my bones if I go down... kevlar mesh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had two 07 RTs. I put 82,000 on the first one and have 38,000 on the second I bought with 6500 miles on it.
My personal opinion is I would not buy a 05 or 06. They have the servo "whizzy" Brakes which when they malfunction will cost you $2,000 to $3,000 to fix. A solution for a problem that doesn't exist. A BMW Senior Tech refers to them as when they break, as opposed if will they break.
Just MHO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts