BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 K1200 LT (the first year for the Xenon headlamp). :dance:
FYI
Took it in to the shop to see why the 7.5 amp fuse kept blowing. But not at first but after a ride or two.. The shop worked 2 days and finally found out the fuse box was marked wrong. :mad: Well probably marked correct for a 2005 with the regular lamp.
They looked at a new bike on the show room and it was marked 10 amps.
Save your self a lot of time and change the fuse and the marking...
Just got back from Las Vegas 111 degrees :wow: and the Xenon still worked. Could not say for me... I best be good if that is any indication of how hot hell is.....

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had a similar problem some years ago with my new 87 Triumph Tiger 750. It was OK for the first few months, then suddenly one night, as soon as I got up to a reasonable speed the headlamp fuse blew plunging me into darkness. Having exhausted the 7.5 amp fuse supplies on the bike and at every garage I could find, I fitted a 10 amp fuse. Never had another problem?!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have an 09 that the low beam stopped working. Figured it was the bulb. thanks to this forum found out you just don't change a xenon bulb also found out the manual in the bike does not address several issues of the 09. The low beam housing does not just drop out like in the manual!! LOL Don't even think about it.

Learned about xenon bulbs in another post so started looking at electrical. Found the 7.5a fuse blown. Was thrown off on that as it says it is the same fuse at the tail lights but they still work. Replaced the fues and it blew right away. Checked the Clymer manual and wiring diagram and it shows a 10a fuse for the circuit. This thread confirms the 10 amp fuse. off to the autoparts store to buy some.

Hopefully that cure my problem!! Thanks to ALL, :bmw: except for :bmw: for not updating there maunals!! :) if done correctly it would have saved lots of wasted time!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts