BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to ask such a silly question - before i go buy all the little farkles to hook it up
wanted to know if i could hook up my ipod to the aux input and and would play through the stereo system
want to remove the stacker. I have the remote system but seems like such a pain to operate it
would be easier and much simpler to hook my ipod up and operate it from the stingray

thanks in advance

Tricky

·
Miles of Smiles
1,055 Posts
Morning. Assuming your bike was supplied with the 6 CD stacker, (i.e. factory fitted wiring) the VOICE II control unit in the stingray has an AUX input.
Connect the iPod to that with a 3.5mm aux cable and you should be good to go. IIRC you will have volume control but not much else.
HOWEVER...
A better solution is to use a DICE (or similar) interface.
Replace the stacker with that (was plug and play) and you free up the space in the saddlebag, plus it allows you to view and select tracks etc from the iPod.
Little tricky to set up but works.
Thought you'd like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks very much
i did buy one of those and was hesitating installing as every time your turn off then you have to open the bag and turn the Ipod on from what i understand
will try the 3.5 to 3.5 i have a remote control and can hang that off a ram ball

thanks again

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If you leave the DICE powered up so you get memory retention and on-screen feedback and (some) remote control, it'll flatten your battery within a few days.
I only run it on longer trips (music from Ipod through DICE) when out of radio reception, and it's on a switched source. Quite a few OLD threads on it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts