BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Horn not working on my 2006 LT. Fuses are good on same fuse as alarm. can anyone tell me horn relay is located?

Tim :confused:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
roadking04 said:
Horn not working on my 2006 LT. Fuses are good on same fuse as alarm. can anyone tell me horn relay is located?

Tim :confused:
Don't know if ole Toad's (a '99) is same as '06, butt if so, it's in the electronics box under the fuel tank and shares the same duplex house as the air filter box. Slight pita and would be nice if you had other service to do near there!! Good luck.

BTW - IF you go in and the locations and sorting are the same as on a '99, the horn relay is on the outside row, second from left.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,120 Posts
These relays are not known to fail. I would check the ground on the horn if fuse F12 is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have perhaps a unique problem.on 2000 K1200T

Battery was dead, jumped it off a car that was running.... I know NOW that is not the best thing to do.

Here is the issue, it started on the jump. I turned it off and now it won't start at all, BUT the horn is on continually. I unplugged both horns and still no start.

I talked to the local dealer / techs and they suggested I replace the horn relay. The question now is which one of the under tank relays operates the horn.

And next how do I fix the no start.
I have read all about the stuck starter relay, but that is where the starter is running all the time. Mine starter won't do anything.

Help - I want ride!!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,171 Posts
moneyseeds said:
I have perhaps a unique problem.on 2000 K1200T

Battery was dead, jumped it off a car that was running.... I know NOW that is not the best thing to do.

Here is the issue, it started on the jump. I turned it off and now it won't start at all, BUT the horn is on continually. I unplugged both horns and still no start.

I talked to the local dealer / techs and they suggested I replace the horn relay. The question now is which one of the under tank relays operates the horn.

And next how do I fix the no start.
I have read all about the stuck starter relay, but that is where the starter is running all the time. Mine starter won't do anything.

Help - I want ride!!
The first step I would take is to disconnect the battery and leave it off for a good hour before reconnecting. The electronics are sensitive to current drops and some may need to be reset.
How did you jump start the bike? Did you connect the cables directly to your battery terminals or did you just connect to the positive and use the frame as negative (Ground)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts