BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day on this site. I have looked for my topic but no luck so far. I want to know how to change my transmission fluid on my bike and do i have to do the drive on the rear wheel.

newbie so needs lots of help

2006 K1200R 36M

thank you and you can post to me directly

[email protected] :)

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
There is no special transmission fluid per se. The transmission is lubricated by the engine oil.

I guess you are asking about the final drive in the rear. The method for changing the final drive fluid varies, depending on the model year. The early slant 4 models (2006) had "sealed" final drives with no drain plugs. I think you remove the final drive fluid through the abs sensor hole.

I suggest that you do searches for "final drive oil" and "final drive fluid" on k-bikes.com and i-bmw.com. You should find several threads and how-to's there. There are also great maintenance how-to's on the BMWMOA website.

Another option is to go to your BMW dealer and order the "REPRom" repair DVD. It has all the repair and maintenance procedures for your K1200R. It isn't cheap (around $100) but it is helpful. Please don't be tempted by the illegal stolen bootleg copies from the Internet.

(Additional note: You are posting on the KGT forums, but you are asking about a K1200R.)

Good luck!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree. Post on the right forum for the correct answer. I was about to respond a treatment based on my experience with my K1200LT and it doesn't sound right anymore. I will avoid to respond with my experience.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to our group!

You'll find this community full of friendly and knowledgeable folks. Although you won't find a forum specifically for your bike, you will find a lot of great information.

For technical info on the K12R, I agree that k-bikes.com is a better source. But don't let that keep you from participating here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts