BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 BMW K1200LT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group! New owner from Texas. I just recently bought a non-runner to fix up and take on road trips. Starter sounded healthy with a new battery but wouldn't start. After some advice from the FB Group, I pulled all the front tupperware and got to work. Discovered a very rough fuel pump assembly and a pretty nasty tank.

Gas Food Drink Drinkware Dish

Now I am currently looking for a used one with less corrosion around the flange since that part is apparently unavailable and I don't think the pump wire connection has enough meat to solder too anymore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has one to sell I would also super appreciate that. Been scouring ebay for a few weeks and have been in contact with local dealers and repair shops. Ready to get this beast on the road!

Thanks and nice to meet everyone!

Spencer

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Hello Spencer!
Hopefully, someone will have what you need, or suggestions.
It seems to be a standard issue when the bikes sit for a length of time.
I was lucky and found the base on eBay, and purchased the pump and kit from www.beemerboneyard.com.
Cheers from southern CA!
Bob

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,427 Posts
Yup that is what ethanol will do when left in a fuel tank. Those are hard to find, just keep scouring e-bay and one will turn up.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Hello group! New owner from Texas. I just recently bought a non-runner to fix up and take on road trips. Starter sounded healthy with a new battery but wouldn't start. After some advice from the FB Group, I pulled all the front tupperware and got to work. Discovered a very rough fuel pump assembly and a pretty nasty tank.

View attachment 178513

Now I am currently looking for a used one with less corrosion around the flange since that part is apparently unavailable and I don't think the pump wire connection has enough meat to solder too anymore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has one to sell I would also super appreciate that. Been scouring ebay for a few weeks and have been in contact with local dealers and repair shops. Ready to get this beast on the road!

Thanks and nice to meet everyone!

Spencer

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,427 Posts
That one looks pretty rough as well. But It might be better than what you have.

Reactions: Shplando and kbob12

·
Premium Member
2006 BMW K1200LT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all! Have been so busy with the new job that I haven't had the chance to check in for awhile. I wound up finding a PRISTINE one in eBay in Germany that I ordered and it arrived in just four days! Fastest shipping I've have ever had.
Auto part Machine Metal Bicycle part Cylinder

The tank gasket was the wrong size but I ordered new lines, metal quick disconnects and gasket from BMW right after and got it all together. It's like a brand new bike now. Absolutely purrs. I was worried about clogged injectors but surprisingly the gas in the lines from the quick disconnect was hardly even discolored and didn't smell too bad. Going to run a few cans of Seafoam for the next few hundred miles just to be sure.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help! This forums is great.

The unfortunate situation I am in now is that I have just been laid off and will probably not be able to keep this thing so it may be on the marketplace soon. It says I am not allowed to post there currently, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts