BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first i would like to say that i'm new to this & i'm glad that there's a site for bmw motorcycle owners.i have a question;when it comes to shifting when i go from 1st to 2nd i know that i pass neutral i feel a small click, is that because i'm bypassing neutral & sometimes when i go from 2nd to 3rd i feel that small click.i took the bike to the dealer he said it was normal, for all you k1200lt owners maybe you can give me some advise from your bikes thanks ivan

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
Ivan,

Welcome to the site.

You posted this in the photography forum. You might have better luck with responses if you try it up in Bike Talk.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
ivan said:
first i would like to say that i'm new to this & i'm glad that there's a site for bmw motorcycle owners.i have a question;when it comes to shifting when i go from 1st to 2nd i know that i pass neutral i feel a small click, is that because i'm bypassing neutral & sometimes when i go from 2nd to 3rd i feel that small click.i took the bike to the dealer he said it was normal, for all you k1200lt owners maybe you can give me some advise from your bikes thanks ivan
Ivan ... yes this is normal for the LT. There is a thread on proper shifting but can't locate it right now.
Long story short is...... put a little upward pressure on the shift lever before you you shift. You can feel the shifter stop then pull clutch in and it will slide into gear. It takes a lil practice but is very easy to do

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
katnapinn said:
Ivan ... yes this is normal for the LT. There is a thread on proper shifting but can't locate it right now.
Long story short is...... put a little upward pressure on the shift lever before you you shift. You can feel the shifter stop then pull clutch in and it will slide into gear. It takes a lil practice but is very easy to do
Here it is. See message #8. I do miss Pete. :( Wealth of knowledge and very understandable write-ups.

HTH,
Jer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts