BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to find a half cover for my new LT. I want it to be small so I can pack it on the bike, but protect it from elements at night . I have seen many on the net, but want one that fits just right. I do not want a full storage cover. If you have purchased one or know of a site that handles these please let me know...

Thanks and have a safe ride.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Tomakazie said:
I am looking to find a half cover for my new LT. I want it to be small so I can pack it on the bike, but protect it from elements at night . I have seen many on the net, but want one that fits just right. I do not want a full storage cover. If you have purchased one or know of a site that handles these please let me know...

Thanks and have a safe ride.
These are the BEST ! !

http://secure.yisi.net/exigent/dept.asp?dept_id=21

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use a Geza Cover size "large". Works beautifully on the LT and is very compact. Geza has an XL cover available for the LT which provides full coverage, but is a little bulkier. The Geza covers are very compact and incredible quality. I've had many covers over the years and will never use anything but Geza in the future. The Large size cover will provide you about 3/4's coverage on the LT. Coverage is full in the front and a little more than 1/2 in the back. Material is very strechable. WRT the antenna, I run the cover between the top box and the antenna which results in the left pannier being the only painted part of the bike not covered. The cover stuffs in to a sock about 10" long and 4-5" diameter. Takes me all of 30 seconds to put the cover on and take it off and stuff in the sock. Cover is also rated to 80+ MPH for towing. I've towed a HD and Triumph several times with Geza covers and they performed flawlessly. I have no connection with Geza other than a satisfied customer.

Here is the site: http://www.gezagear.com/customercomments.htm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Half Covers

Gongrats on the new bike. Noticed you live in Albuq. Havn't run into very many LT owners in the city at all. Now we just need to convince more to go buy beamer, vice harley's in this city. Be Safe! jim

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have one of these and have been real satisfied with it. Have used it thru two summers and its still like new. Packs up small and comes with carry bag. The large fits the LT like it was made for it. Check out the UV2000 here:

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/covers.htm

·
Registered
345 Posts
Carl,

Is it the large cover you are using or extra large? I like the looks of this cover for the money

Jerry Mathison

·
Registered
370 Posts
Jerrym said:
Carl,

Is it the large cover you are using or extra large? I like the looks of this cover for the money

Jerry Mathison
Sorry. it must have been the extra large. Been awhile since I bought it. Fits the windshield and the nose real nice. Covers the top case, but not the side cases. Price is pretty reasonalble too.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'll 2nd the Tour King. Rolls up to Coke Can Size

buddyp said:
www.tourkingcovers.com

Works for me. Light weight, easy to store. Inexpensive
Take a look at the 1200LT in their pictures.

You decide....enjoy...
I've had mine for 4 years, keeps the dew and rain off and fits over the trunk rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey, everyone:

Not to hijack the thread, but I'd like to know if any of the covers mentioned in the replies are suitable for an open trailer. I may be trailering to CCR, as my family is coming too, so I'm thinking of buying a Kendon, Port-a-Chopper, or Trailer-in-a-bag for the trip...haven't decided which yet. Suggestions would be most welcome.

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
I love my Geza cover, except for one thing - it's not waterproof. Otherwise, it's been great for the past 5 years. Also it would be the best choice for an open trailer, as it is stretchy and would minimize flapping.

It's time to replace it now, and I really want a waterproof half cover this time. The UV-2000 looks good, and at a decent price.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Another vote for Tour King

I recommend the Tour King half cover as have a couple of others. It is inexpensive, fits well, rolls up very small for storage and mine has never leaked.

Did I mention it's cheap?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
NelsonRigg

My vote is for the Nelson Rigg Half... I used it for 4 years and it kept my top side dry... But not dust free...depending on wind conditions.

·
Registered
272 Posts
EzyMount said:
My vote is for the Nelson Rigg Half... I used it for 4 years and it kept my top side dry... But not dust free...depending on wind conditions.
I use the Nelson 1/2 and like it too...Only think I don't like about it is no additional scratch protection for the windshield area. I might try the Honda 1/2 cover I read about in this forum for my next cover.

·
Registered
88 Posts
neodoc said:
I'd like to know if any of the covers mentioned in the replies are suitable for an open trailer.
Joe,
Ditto other recommendation on Geza cover for open air trailering. The Geza cover is guaranteed for trailering up to 80+ MPH. The Geza XL for the BMW K12LT provides full coverage to the floor. Though I haven't towed the BMW with the Geza cover, I have towed HD's for thousands of miles with the Geza cover with outstanding results. You will find that there are several securing loops at the bottom edge of the Geza covers. I zip tie these bottom loops to the trailer floor and literally put the bike in to a cocoon.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
sprdoorman said:
I have one of these and have been real satisfied with it. Have used it thru two summers and its still like new. Packs up small and comes with carry bag. The large fits the LT like it was made for it. Check out the UV2000 here:

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/covers.htm
I have this one for my Sprint ST, and I think I will get one for the LT. It works great while traveling, and packs up into a small bag.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts