BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow bmw motorcycle riders i have a question about the antenna.every time i go riding & come back i have to take the antenna off the cover gets in the way. does anyone sell shorter antenna's for the k1200lt i dont have a cb.or can i cut it down to about 12 inches or that will be no good for the radio reception thanks for any help ivan :cool: :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
ivan said:
hello fellow bmw motorcycle riders i have a question about the antenna.every time i go riding & come back i have to take the antenna off the cover gets in the way. does anyone sell shorter antenna's for the k1200lt i dont have a cb.or can i cut it down to about 12 inches or that will be no good for the radio reception thanks for any help ivan :cool: :confused:
I bought a simple metal grommet kit, :D marked the place when the antenna was poking on the cover, punched a small hole and installed the grommet. Works like a charm and looks really cool! :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
PMitchell said:
I bought a simple metal grommet kit, :D marked the place when the antenna was poking on the cover, punched a small hole and installed the grommet. Works like a charm and looks really cool! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Ditto on the grommet! Works great.

·
Registered
637 Posts
PMitchell said:
Same as I did :) except that I used plastic grommets which I got from a boat shop . I also glued the hole and the grommets so they wont rivet and it works fine :)

However I shure would like shorter anttenas so if anybody know where to get them I`d shure like to know..

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I have a shorter cover that folds into a small pack. Still $40 US.

HTH,
Jer

·
Registered
712 Posts
I see I posted my thread a bit after the problem had already been solved. :eek:

But FWIW, it does have a picture so you can see what the grommet looks like.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with the gromet idea, but as Paalao stated, the boat gromets are plastic so no chance of scatching the paint. :bmw:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ivan said:
i failed to say that i have a cycle shell that pulls over the bike it would be very rare to hit the same spot to put plastic grommets in for the antenna.i thought about shortening the antenna any other suggestions thanks ivan

·
Registered
637 Posts
Shorter covers only invites the damn cats to have a party on my tank and sets, I kept seeing thoses paws all over the bike before I got the cover...

Where is a good cat trap when I need one, maybe an oversized rattrap!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts