BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has somthing to do with the headlight modulator I have bought. It sez that they have a model for the can buss version??????

As far as i can tell the one they sent was not the Z version they are tlaking about.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
The LT does not have Can Buss for any year.

·
Registered
656 Posts
No doesn't have the can-bus system

·
Registered
139 Posts
I thought that all 2006 and up have a xenon HID headlight.
No modulators will work on an HID system

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
Good point Chuck except they only did the low beam on HID and left the high beam incandescent. Most modulators are installed on the high beam so you can selectively turn them on or off in the day time. (They go off automatically at night).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies....The reason I was asking was that I installed a Kisan Modulator and it would not function. I bought one for my Harley 7 years ago without any problems. as soon as the boys in colorado woke up this morning I was on the phone telling them my troubles. They went through some fast checks without any luck and quickly agreed to send me out another one. Good folks. thanks Andy at Kisan.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope they never use Control Area Networks on this bikes. That means only more reasons to more computers, more breakdowns, more sensitive systems to low battery, more issues with bad grounds including no start conditions, a more often service light on at the dash,etc,etc,etc. All that to send info between computers thru two wires because they wanted to MODULIZE everything. What happen to the days where each system was protected by a fuse? I rather have a thicker wiring harness than a bunch of sensitive computers and solid state relays.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Since they don't make the LT any more, I guess that is a moot point Ricardo. I don't know if the K1600 has the CANNIBUS but I would bet that it does.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You are right Boatzo. They don`t make them any more. But it will relly suck to make any Motorcycle so complicated and much less reliable. Believe me, in the automotive industry CAN systems offer more headaches than good. That is my opinion. I will hate to be stranded on the rain, snow, sun, or middle of the night just because one computer could not comunicate with the otherone via the two CAN wires that looooooove to fail with weak grounds. At least in a car you have some protection against the weather elements in case of a failure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts