BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, practically all of them are for passengers and according to the BMW shop passenger pegs cannot be used for driver pegs. I did find on from a 1999 model year. I don't know if it will fit on a 2006?

On a different note I found another web site that sells driver floorboards http://www.dodk64.com/index.html. Do you or anyone else know if this is a repeatable site?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Passenger pegs cannot be used for rider pegs
The mount aims them in such a way they would be unusable if you could even mount them. Just keep an eye on eBay. The rider pegs do come up from time to time. The right rider peg I'd the tough one to find.

Search for footpeg with author Wa1200lt and you can see one that I had welded. Very good, solid repair.

Loren

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
The 1999 peg should work fine, but you may find it is not chromed like your 2006, depending on the trim level on the 2009.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I won't mention any names, but a certain "friend" of mine went down at CCR last year, and made emergency repairs to his "peg" via a short trip to Home Depot, and the purchase of a large bolt and a couple nuts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Surprised "your friend" did not put a short piece of 2x2 or 2x3 on there to make a real peg. :rolleyes:

Brian, do you, I mean "your friend," still need the plate, or did you get all of the bits and bobs by now? If you need one, I think I have a spare and can get it moving your direction if you PM your address.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Surprised "your friend" did not put a short piece of 2x2 or 2x3 on there to make a real peg. :rolleyes:

Brian, do you, I mean "your friend," still need the plate, or did you get all of the bits and bobs by now? If you need one, I think I have a spare and can get it moving your direction if you PM your address.

Hmmm... I did not even think about that. I could have taken a block of wood and bored a hole. Good idea, I'll have to remember that next time...

Luckily for me (or should I say the wife) "my friend" was gracious enough to lend her the use of his pillion plate, complete with peg for the long trip home from CCR last year...

Sadly, Barbara was retired shortly after that mess.... :cool:

To the OP, ANY YEAR '99 - '09 foot peg will work, they are all the same. and no, pillion pegs will not work as rider pegs... If you do not get results from ebay, look to Beemer Boneyard, they will have them ocationally. I wouldn't worry too much about getting a chrome vs. grey... unless you plan on flipping the beast over, you'll never know...

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
And if you do use the wood, do not forget a large fender washer inboard and outboard, and wrap securely with duct tape and zip ties. The duct tape to hold it together under load, and the zip ties to also hold it together and to add a bit of traction. I suppose you could also wrap with a good layer of rubber tape for traction.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Anyone figure out how to put a cloths line pin, with a playing card to the rear tire? That's MY next farkle!.. :histerica

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
shoswell said:
Anyone figure out how to put a cloths line pin, with a playing card to the rear tire? That's MY next farkle!.. :histerica
Take a piece of aluminum flat stock, about 1/8", and fashion a bracket to the rear caliper bolts. Remember to install longer bolts.

Bend the bar gently to bring it close to the wheel spokes, about 1/3 of the length of a playing card away. Attach the card to your new bracket with the clothes pin, and viola! :histerica

(ATTENTION NOOBS: do NOT actually do this! Doh!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts