BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about a 2005 Ocean Blue Metallic LT with 14,500 miles for $12,300?

Bike looks excellent!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Last July, I purchased a gold '05 with 17,2xx for $12,000, the bank would have loaned $13,300. Can you say 'instant equity'?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Last year I paid 15K for a blue 2005 LT with 6K on it. It had every farkle imaginable and I am still finding them. He also threw in the BMW cover and trickle charger. I think the bike you are talking about is a great price and barely broken in.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is real close to what I paid for mine 2 years ago with 13,500 on it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought a gold 2005 in January with 24K on it for 12,000.00. It was spotless and the prior owner just paid for the 24K service. The one you are considering is a good buy,.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You'll pay more for the blue and they are faster - sounds like a good deal.
Jim

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I paid $12k in early 2008 for a blue, 2005 that was loaded with all of the options including GPS and security. It had 2,500 miles. The overall economy has declined since then. Is your price a little high in Q2 of 2009?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would stay away from 05 and 06 because they are the first couple of model years after a significant design change.

Atomicman said:
What about a 2005 Ocean Blue Metallic LT with 14,500 miles for $12,300?

Bike looks excellent!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I paid $12,500 for mine last September with pillion arm rests and floorboards. Threw in beads for driver and pillion, and bags for side cases, tank, and on top of trunk. Oh, it had 13K miles and needed a new front tire. Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
MattKas said:
I would stay away from 05 and 06 because they are the first couple of model years after a significant design change.
Sorry, but I must disagree with that statement. :dance:
05 was more of a refinement than a major design change. You get better parking lot stability, more horsepower and electric center stand!

·
Registered
499 Posts
MattKas said:
'05-'06 are the same bike as the '07-'09 I have not seen any "corrections" for problems, only the addition of things like HIDs.

Dave

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Both new display and electric center failures were the highest with 05 model. Even rear drive failuers showed a jump at 05. Please do not kill the messenger :)

okiebandit1 said:
Sorry, but I must disagree with that statement. :dance:
05 was more of a refinement than a major design change. You get better parking lot stability, more horsepower and electric center stand!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No longer an issue! I came home with a brand new Sapphire Black metallic 2009 RT with all options but the alarm and sound!!!

:D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts