BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2005 KLT from a member on the list, thanks, Ken!! Rode across country (3440 miles) from Raleigh NC (before Irene hit), via circuitous route, Deals Gap, Devils, Triangle, Pig Trail, and I-40 (ONE 1105 mile day) to Atascadero CA, absolutely trouble free in 100F plus heat!! What a machine!! Obtained 115mph via GPS, absolutely stable and still [email protected]!. Handles great in curves for the heavy weight it is-Avon Storm ST tires! Very impressive. And wife likes it (very important!). My first K since K100RT in 1985 (and K100RS and K75S), been a "R" guy since 1989.

Washed and detailed the bike at home. Heard a tick tick tick from near the fuse boxes, seemed to be coming from the "left" (one in the middle area under the seat) fuse box area, key was off. Removed NEG terminal wires and it quit, of course! Reconnected and ticking started again. Put bike on side stand and it also quit temporarily. All switches worked their proper functions but nothing seemed to stop the ticking. Could not see any water in the area of fuse boxes. Went for a ride and never heard it again. Any ideas what it might be?? I'm assuming a "hot" stuck relay that cured itself!! Should I be concerned?? Appreciate your input. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
A stuck relay sounds spot-on to me. I wouldn't be concerned until it happens the next time. Might have been a fluke. Let's hope. ;)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! ;)
Hopefully it was just a fluke...
You and the "missus" will enjoy the bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts