BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all...Normally all I do on here is start fires..especially about valve clearances etc....$%#&*.. just slammin myself here...
All joking aside.. My 05 lt needs main headlight upgrade to HID.
What are the options.. I have Hella HID driving lights but need to upgrade
main bike headlight.. Is the factory 06 Hid an option..???
IF aftermarket.. I prefer quality over saving a few pennies..
Your advice greatly appreciated.. don't forget to trash me while your at it!!

Mark d...

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm very happy with the HID from HID Online in my 05. Very good service, and easy to install. Sorry, no trashing here. You must have met Joe.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the HID-Online high and low beams. I bought at a group purchase rate. I had them installed at time of my 12k service on my '05 last fall at Hermy's Cycle, Port Clinton PA. Great small town dealership--Dave the mechanic did a great job. Hermy's said when I picked the bike up that after the HID install and dave fired the bike up with both bulbs on everyone in the shop just stopped and stared. Quite bright!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Which one?

What temp does everybody go with for their HID bulbs? 4300, 5000, 6500 or higher? I've heard 5K is the best, but it seems HID online doesn't offer a 5K bulb.

Thanks,
Toolman

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
4200-4300 is "best". Some vendors only offer a 5000 kit. Anything higher than 5K is getting too blue and you're losing usable light.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Toolman said:
What temp does everybody go with for their HID bulbs? 4300, 5000, 6500 or higher? I've heard 5K is the best, but it seems HID online doesn't offer a 5K bulb.

Thanks,
Toolman
I have tried 5k and 4200. The 5k on the high beam was too blue for me so I went with the 4200 from Hidonline to match my low beam. Much better IMHO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 05 , I upgraded w/ Phillips HID ballasts on both hi and lo beams. 5000k bulbs. Then added PIAA halogen driving lights, PIaa fog lamps and Z-technics lower faring iluminators. Lights up the road like day imo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts