BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike my 2003, the 2005 uses a dual filament bulb. I am assuming this is to act as a running light...except I don't see mine cone on when I switch the ignition on or start the motorcycle. Is there some trick to get them to activate?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Could it be that someone has incorrectly put dual filament bulbs in the sockets?
I believe that not all years had running lights standard, therefore using single element bulbs. This is the case with my former '02 and current '04.
There was a ghetto mod here updating the standard turn signal to also have running lights.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Checked out the wiring diagram in Clymers. The wire going for the turn signal running filament is also tied in with the low beam. I just turned the key on and noticed my low beam isn't coming on either. Traced it back to a blown fuse. I did an HID upgrade and had read that the 7.5A fuse is on the low end for that and will blow if the battery is low. Was having a bit of an issue with the battery lately but should. be corrected now. Just put a 10A fuse in. Will see how that does. Side lights worked like a charm.

Reactions: Munmi
1 - 3 of 3 Posts