BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I stopped and tried to use the center stand. Nothing. The light blinked on the dash but it didnt engage. Then I drive to work and it works fine. Could this have been caused by a weak battery since the bike had been sitting a week? I replaced my OEM seat yesterday and had to remove the heating cable from under the left upper panel. Is the CS control wire located in there as I might of pulled something loose? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I don't remember the wire path, but, I doubt you hurt it.

The plug at the stand is fairly robust (PITA to remove).

Mine will occasionally not work (even though light flashes) and every time its my fault ;) If you touch the brake lever, happens to be slightly in gear, side stand down, moving, not hold your mouth right, whatever, it will flash but not lift.

For me if I let go of the switch and get everything "ready" I hear the whir and up she goes :bmw:

Try that and see if the problem goes away.

Joe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
It was the brake pedel. Didnt know I could not do that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Has it happened again since the first time? There are a couple of interlocks, like the sidestand being out or the transmission in gear or even a smidge out of N. - Bill

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Could also be the brake lights... yup... seems folks have changed the lights to LED's... seemed to work fine... then the HCS quit working properly.. I dunno, maybe check the lights to be sure they are working properly...?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If it just flashes and no lift, think interlock.

If it makes the "whirr" but no uppy, think oil leak.

If no light at all, there has to be a fuse, wire, or other disconnect.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts