BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
After six months of "looking", I found a used pump to replace the bad one on my LT. There was no way I was gonna pay $2468 for a new one...lol...ridiculous. Anyway...the one I found came off a bike with only 7k miles so hopefully it will be fine.

I am planning on installing this myself. I have had the bike "naked" a few times for routine maintenance so thats not a problem but just looking for any tips or advice to look out for or to do correctly when swapping out the pumps. Also...reccomended methods to "fill with fluid" during the install to hopefully get as little or no air in the system. Obviously a full bleed wiil be done after install. I'm guessing that I will have to or should have a dealer bleed/check it after I install it to assure there is no air and its working properly.

Also...I called a dealer yesterday to ask an approx price for a "flush/bleed" check. He said about 3 hours or $300. When I asked questions he said they must remove the gas tank to properly do this?? I have flushed all four circuits on the bad pump currently in my bike several times in hopes of reviving it....never took the tank off. I did not bleed the integrated "circuit" because it has so little fluid in it as stated in the procedures found on this site. Why does the tank have to come off??

Thanks for any tips and advice you can give before I start this swap...

Steve

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
I suspect they want to bleed each line transition from flex to rigid. Not by the book but the tank off would give them access. Not a bad price to pay to have the system bleed (not just flushed - big difference) and tested with the ModiTec for proper pressure build up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts