BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Latest version of the K1200LT Ibus radio software is almost ready!

This version has refined operation for Sony radios working with IR control. Test radio is a Sony MEX-7300BD with DAB/DAB+.
The software update will appear on the webshop for free download as soon as it is fully tested.

Click here for more information.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hello Scimitar
what are the differences with Alpine and Pioneer?
thanks for the answer
Some of it is personal taste. As an example, the Pioneer has a strange way of dealing with charging the 'phone...
If you set up some Bluetooth streaming of a radio station for instance and then plug the USB cable in, the radio decides to turn off the stream and switch to the music app instead. If you then unplug the USB charging cable, the radio shuts itself down into standby. The Pioneer is also irritating to get set up, seemingly being targeted at the "Teenage boy racer" market with flashing colours and graphics that take some time to turn off. If the power is interrupted, the rubbishy 'Demo mode' is all re-enabled.

Another irritation of the Pioneer is that the USB mode disappears until something is plugged in. That means that the number of sources changes from 5 to 6 and that is impossible to track in sync with the display. Therefore you must keep something plugged in to the USB socket.

The physical differences include that the Alpine works with IR remote control and has many more commands. The Pioneer only works with a "resistive" interface which is less comprehensive, commands wise. I have the Pioneer in my car and hate the thing! The bezel has flimsy locating lugs and fell off quite soon after installation.

The Sony I have been testing is slightly better, but has a major irritating 'feature?'... When you select different sources, you can press the source button as many times as you like and only the display changes, nothing else. It is only when you stop pressing the button and wait, does the source actually select. I have a personal objection to Sony products, although I used to own many, which is down to the way that they treat their customers. This is a typical example: Click here to read about the Sony root kit scandal.

·
Registered
K1200LT 2004
4 Posts
Hello Scimitar

I ordered the module today.
one more question: what does the pioneer indicate on the display of the k1200lt 2004-2009?

best regards

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ah, I just sent you an email to ask what radio you wanted to use!

The display follows the source and band selections plus (optional) TRANSMIT or LightsOn when SCRP is toggled. As standard, it will have "LightsON".

So you will see: Tuner, CD, APP, BT audio, USB and AUX I/P or whatever the order is (can't remember)! It will display the radio band selected too.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The Alpine also has an output for bass.
I’m using that to drive Bose speakers and get me a bit of bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
A FREE OF CHARGE new version of software is now in beta, for Alpine radios. This one allows the AM button to step through the radio presets. It is still a bit rough around the edges and there is currently no indication of the preset selected, but it will be useful until I have time to refine it. I will publish it to the website when it is ready.
Click here for more info.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts