BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

Looking for general guidance. Have a 2004 150 RTP. Last night while in the garage I was trying to put it on the stand and the stand had not been fully extended. So while getting of the bike I dropped it on my left thinking the stand was engaged.

Kind of silly but I guess when you are a bit tired you think the stand has engaged and it hasn't.

But while the bike was down for about 15 minutes and trying to figure a way to get it back noticed some gas/fuel leak. This is an RTP so it was resting on the various bars and didn't notice any damage to any of the parts like the fuel pipe.

Just wondering if others have encountered this fuel leak and or think that something was damaged as a result there was this leak.

Once the bike was upright no leak what so ever.

Thoughts, comment welcome.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I suspect it was coming out the tank vent. There is a valve in the tank vent line called the tip over valve that acts as a check valve for the tank vent system when the bike is on it's side. Usually some gets by but not a large flow. Glad you are okay and the bike will live with all those bars on it. There is probably a fair slug of gas in your charcoal vent can.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
TBiker said:
So while getting off the bike I dropped it on my left thinking the stand was engaged.

Kind of silly but I guess when you are a bit tired you think the stand has engaged and it hasn't.
:eek: You're the only person that's ever done that.... Don't do that again.

This may help you get it back up on it's own two wheels without hurting yourself.

Check out the video: Skert's Demo

Welcome...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.