BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting my Blue 2003 K1200LT standard up for sale and was just wondering what is a fair price to sell it for. It has 22K miles, HID low beams, CEE Bailey windshield and a Starcom intercom. It runs perfect and is in great shape without any issues. One owner (me) and well maintained. What would be a reasonable going price? Has the high price of gas driven up cycle prices?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
About $9,000. I know you're saying ouch, but most ask a few thousand too much for them and they don't sell. Paid under 12K for mine three years and 40,000 miles ago. Ask whatever you want, but bargin. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the value has increased over what a 5 year old bike would have sold for late year? Could this be a case where resale value has increased with rising gas prices or would an already good mileage touring bike like this be less suceptible?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a 2002 LT with 47K miles.
I am thinking of starting it at 9,500...
Maybe taking 9K.
It takes a special kind of rider to buy an LT.
Resale is not going to be as easy as if it were a Wing or Harley.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Fellas,

Sadly the day came that I had to sell my '03 LT-C. Bike was in perfect, no seriously, perfect condition. Only farkle was j-pegs. It had 27K on the odometer.

I sold it for $9,700.

Keith

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just picked up a beautiful 03 with 24k....was in great condition, looked new but needed a clutch......paid 9K for it and considered it a good buy....lsd

·
Registered
449 Posts
You will not recoup the cost of the farkles in the price of the bike, so take them off and sell separately. Look at the classified section here, several people have done it recently. Think about this especially if your mods are expensive (such as your Starcom) or easily taken off (Cee Bailey).

My $0.02.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I gave 12.5K for my '03 K1200LT-E a couple of years ago...........15K miles plus a Nolan N-102 helmet with intercom built in. If you stumble on someone who really wants it and you aren't in a bind to sell........you might get more than 9K. That's cheap for a nice bike............. :)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Last Summer I sold my 03 with J-pgs and HID low and high beams, about 37K miles, for $9,300.
It was a very soft market...:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts