BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas where I can start with a Cruise Control in troubleshooting? I got a BMW Clymer book, but it doesn't have anything in there for troubleshooting. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
GDRDoc said:
Anyone have any ideas where I can start with a Cruise Control in troubleshooting? I got a BMW Clymer book, but it doesn't have anything in there for troubleshooting. Any ideas?
There are some threads/posts regarding the cruise control diagnostic tests that can be performed on the LT - click here for just one, and you can read further info throughout those pages. I found this in the HoW section by inputting "cruise control diagnostic" in the search line. Good luck with chasing down the problem. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dick,
OK.. Items 5, 7, 9 failed. Does this mean the control box is bad?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
GDRDoc said:
Dick,
OK.. Items 5, 7, 9 failed. Does this mean the control box is bad?
Hey, Erv - I don't gotta clue. Ole Toad's cc has never failed, so I haven't had the pleasure of running thru the diagnostic procedure. I just knew where it wuz in the technical forums. However, there are a ton of folks around here that do have some experience with it, so somebody'll pop on here shortly to help out (I hope!!). Good luck, Erv.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dick,
I found the problem. It was in the Throttle stop. After I got that to work, all the steps after that were ok.
It was sitting for three months for the winter. I guess before I start it, rotate the throttle it to the stop,

Thank you for your help.

Gdrdoc :bmw:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found the diagnostic area, but not many suggestions for a fix. When running the test I got as far as the rear brake pedal. When pushing the pedal it operated as described turning on the light with the pedal and off after a few seconds, however when released ther was a loud "clack" somewhere in the rear of the bike and diagnostic ended. Any ideas. I assume it is something with the rear brake switch???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw the same thing..how to troubleshoot, but not how to fix on the net. I guess if ya come up with a step that failed, one might on here if anyone has the same problem, or take it to the dealer.

GDRDoc :bmw:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I re-ran diagnostics this morning and the indication this time is the throttle stop. It looks like you made this adjustment. I am a new owner of a 2001 lt. Any tips or suggestions for the throttle stop adj. In the Clymer manual it looks like they suspended the switch and built the bike around it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts