BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum and have found many answers except the ones I'm looking for so please excuse me if this is a repeat question.

I have owned my 2003 LT for about six months now and was looking into heated seats. The front seat is not the one that came with the bike because it has a sticker and price on it from a company.

Anyways, I have the heating connector under the front left side of front seat but no cable from seat. Obviously the front seat was replaced with a non heated seat.

The rear seat has the connector and it is plugged in. So my questions are as follows.

A front heated seat has a switch on the left side of seat correct?

Does the rear seat have its own switch or is it controlled by the front seat switch?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Both seats have the switch on the right side. Individually controlled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sheldan2 said:

Looking online at used heated seats for sale, none of the rear seats have switches?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
The switch should be located on the right side all the way to the front of the pointed end of the seat.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Then they are not heated. If it's an OEM heated seat, it will have a rocker switch on the right side of each seat, like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnbaker15 said:
The switch should be located on the right side all the way to the front of the pointed end of the seat.
Ok so if I look at ebay non of the heated seats for 99-03 have switches. Looking at a diagram I dint see any switches either, are some models controlled by heated grip switch.

My rear seat is heated with all wires connected but no switch, front was put on by previous owner and he bought a non heated but connector is there.

See one ebay ad for heated seat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-K1200LT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cca7d6aa3&vxp=mtr

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flyinb said:
Ok so if I look at ebay non of the heated seats for 99-03 have switches. Looking at a diagram I dint see any switches either, are some models controlled by heated grip switch.

My rear seat is heated with all wires connected but no switch, front was put on by previous owner and he bought a non heated but connector is there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-K1200LT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cca7d6aa3&vxp=mtr

Thanks

Sorry I see it now, its underneath.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Flyinb said:

Thanks
Sorry, I was talking about the rear seat not the front. The front seat also has a switch, located on the right towards the back. No seats are controlled by the grip switch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Flyinb said:
Sorry I see it now, its underneath.

Thanks
Lol! No problem, it is kind of an interesting location. My SO always has a hard time trying to find hers, so I end up reaching back and feeling for it!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
L_Rudy said:
Lol! No problem, it is kind of an interesting location. My SO always has a hard time trying to find hers, so I end up reaching back and feeling for it!
Good excuse to cop a feel..........we know............. :histerica

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Palerider said:
And precisely why do we need an "excuse"?

Robert ( groper extraordinaire)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd like to know what genius thought putting the switch on the throttle side was a brilliant idea.

·
Registered
717 Posts
rcoolbaugh said:
I'd like to know what genius thought putting the switch on the throttle side was a brilliant idea.
Probably the same guy that thought the cruise control would be a brilliant idea. ;)

Reactions: djmellor

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Palerider said:
Better than to feel a cop! :rotf:

·
Registered
659 Posts
zippy_gg said:
Better than to feel a cop! :rotf:
Dunno about that...I used to date a cop (female and beautiful).

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL- Wife and I made a ride this weekend and she asked if I had turned the seat heater on. It was hot out so of course I didn't, but I double checked the switch to confirm. It was off, of course. She insisted her back and bottom were burning and I thought... "hot flashes"?? I eventually verified her seat was hot and wondered if I had gotten too crazy with the pressure washing and inadvertently closed the circuit with water. And then I read the post. DOH! I didn't know the seats were controlled with separate switches. LOL?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts