BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 K1200LT with factory installed intercom (J&M) system BC-3 and BMW Navigator (Garmin Streetpilot III). I plan to replace the Streetpilot with Garmin 665 and keeping all current intercom system setup.

I would like to know are there any compatibility and installation issues with Garmin 665 connecting to BC-3? And where I can get some installing tips and original BC-3 installation manuals for references?

Please see attached photos, Thanks, James

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
One thing that I am aware of is, the audio output of the Street Pilot 3 is mono (to the right ear of your headset) and I do think the output of the 665 is stereo. This means that the existing connection to the BC3 will not work with the 665.

Since one advantage of the 665 is stereo music by means of MP3 or Satelite XM, you may like to go Bluetooth using a Sena SMH10 and do away with the wires.

Attached is the BC3 Manual.

Ron

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
If you need the installation manual for the BC3 send me an email... [email protected]

Even with the stereo vs mono, you should be able to get it to work...i.e. splice..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you all for the info and Hoss I just sent an email to you. Thanks, James

·
Registered
127 Posts
I put a 665/660 both work on my 02 same set up as yours. Pm me and I will send some pictures of what I did. No stereo from the 665 as the features from the665 will not work with the BC3 so I got a 660. The mount is ease.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Duane, I just sent a PM to you. Thanks, James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts