BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've semi-retired my 1990 K100LT with 100K miles. Needs a heavy duty cosmetic rehab. Just picked up a 2003 K1200LTE with 65K miles. Nice bike, with the usual scratches and wear.

My problem is trying to figure out the stupid alarm system. I've seen the '05 on up alarm manual, and I can't duplicate what it's telling me to do to disable / enable / modify the alarm system. When the bike is sitting with no key, the dash LED is lit at low level. When I put the key in and turn to the "on" position, the dask LED turns bright. The starter is non-operative. Pressing the smooth "B" button does nothing. The FOB led lights up when either button is pushed. I have a second FOB and key that does the same thing. The "B" button does not make the bike do anything. So, when the key is in the "on" position, and the LED is bright, I press the ribbed "A" button. That dims the dash LED, and I can start the bike.

I would like to figure out why the ribbed "A" button is shutting the alarm off, instead of setting it. Thanks. Todd.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts