BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when starting my bike the stereo works for 30-60 seconds then fades out to the left rear speaker only i hear that their are a few people that can fix them i would love the contact info and any feedback from riders that have had them fixed you would think after 14yrs and 97000 miles BMW would warranty these lol thanks for your help and BE safe

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Your radios amps are most likely shot. You can install a marine radio. Or sent your radio to Barris in England. Contact him [email protected] I sent mine to him. He puts in big beefy amps and choices of differant outputs. I had the 3.5 jack installed in mine. Got it back in 2 weeks. Sounds,awesome.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Your radios amps are most likely shot. You can install a marine radio. Or sent your radio to Barris in England. Contact him [email protected] I sent mine to him. He puts in big beefy amps and choices of differant outputs. I had the 3.5 jack installed in mine. Got it back in 2 weeks. Sounds,awesome.
I used Baris as well. He did a great job. 2 week turn around.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The name of Barris repair co is Carphonics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To anyone thinking upgrading the radio. I recently purchased my 06 LT and the radio had issues, some speakers didnt work and it was difficult to seek radio stations. I purchased a Pioneer DEH-X6710BT and changed out the rear speakers to Sony 4 way's. I wasn't able to swap out the front speakers due to fact I would've had to remove more hardware... The speakers were fine anyways and sounded great.. Once the radio was installed I added a cell phone holder thats sits right above the stingray. The phone (Android) is paired via bluetooth to the radio. Whats also great Pioneer has a Free App so you control the radio directly from the phone. Plus I paired my Helmet via Bluetooth so I can listen to the radio/cd or talk on my cell. I'll add some photo's later. Removing the tuperware and reinstalling wasnt as bad as I thought. Now I feel more confident to work on my own bike..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts