BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 k1200lt 6.7K miles the bike is perfect but needs new tires what kind and size some wet weather riding . Any other input about this very cool bike would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I use these Metzler's: Front Tire: 120/70 B17 M/C 58V TL ME880 Marathon Front about 42psi
Rear Tire: 160/70 B17 M/C 79V Reinf. TL ME880 Marathon. 48 psi
Make sure the rear tire is the reinforced as they make the same tire for a lighter bike. I also get mine from Bike Bandit, he gives a 10% discount for AMA members as well as a "bandit buck" which is a little credit each time you by something that you can use whenever you buy something else later. If you need to know any basic data then on the top bar under technical go to the "hall of wisdom" Some people like other tires but the only other one I tried was the Avons and they didn't last 5k miles. Front only lasted 3K. I have a 2002 with 48k miles and I do think these are great bikes, You should have a great time on her.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome aboard, we like to see pictures of new bikes.

That is great low mileage on an 02, somebody didn't get much riding in. I'd suggest a complete fluid change especially the brake fluid, it tends to collect condensation over time.

There is a TIRE forum further down that has a lot of commentary on tires.

:worthless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts