BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help getting ABS unit out of bike. The repair manual I have does not tell how to get out. Wondering what will happen if I remove the two frame bolts at engine? What's a good repair manual that gives good detail? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Here is some interesting reading on that module and the fight others are having:
Module Master has started repairing iABS - I-BMW.com
It is a common problem and Module masters in Idaho have not started repairing them. There is a shop in Germany that will.
Steuergeräte Reparatur für Ihr Motorsteuergerät
About $700 plus postage each way.
Just hard work getting it out. Many bike systems will not work with out the PC board that is in the side of the unit. Some folks plate seal the electronic unit if it is okay and remove the ABS by jumpering hoses.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,792 Posts
Need help getting ABS unit out of bike. The repair manual I have does not tell how to get out. Wondering what will happen if I remove the two frame bolts at engine? What's a good repair manual that gives good detail? Thanks for any help.
You don't need to remove any frame bolts but you do have to remove the Reverser controller (The silver block to the rear of the ABS). Your picture is on the wrong side of the bike for the ABS unit. There is a cradle that holds it in place and once you get those connectors off and reverser out of the way you should be able to see the fasteners. The last bit is from the BMW manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
You don't need to remove any frame bolts but you do have to remove the Reverser controller (The silver block to the rear of the ABS). Your picture is on the wrong side of the bike for the ABS unit. There is a cradle that holds it in place and once you get those connectors off and reverser out of the way you should be able to see the fasteners. The last bit is from the BMW manual.
I am convinced that if my ABS fails I'll just part this bike out and go back to a Harley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts