BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took bike to dealer today. Was told ABS pump is needs replaced. $3000.0. Was thinking of selling bike anyway. Thinking about getting a used r1200gs. I was originally wanting to get $5000.0 for the LT. Bike has 55k miles and is in good shape. What should I ask for bike now? How hard would it be to pickup used Abs unit and install myself. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
There was a ABS pump on ebay for around $500 last week.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For about $100 you can "by-pass" the ABS system, just completed it on my 2002.

Royal Hose and Brass - Matthews NC can make the 40" SS hose for you, couplers are $4 apiece, be sure to pull the relay while you have the tank off so the flashing lights are no longer active.

Also clamp the overflow hose for the fluid reservoir (front control circuit) so it does not drain down.

Great time to change air filter as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that sounds like what I need to do. I need to get instructions on how to do this thanks for the reply. Makes me feel better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, I by passed mine as well, there are lots of write ups documenting how to do it. Obviously, I loved the power assisted ABS brakes, but not knowing if my brakes were going to fail really sucked! I have been happy knowing my hydraulic brakes will work every squeeze the same way...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts