BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed the process to change brake fluid on my 2002. ( I had a front brake line rupture and believe the rear reservoir ran dry) I replaced the front 3 lines with Spieglers then replaced the front pads with Carbon-Lorraines. I followed the fluid change process to the letter. When I did the front wheel circuits I barely got any fluid to come out of the bleeder. Gradually I got more fluid to exit. The front lever finally feels good. It seemed like the servo pump was not working. I went for a cautious ride, and tried the right front bleeder again. This time the pump activated and lots of fresh fluid came out. ( I have the stand thing, so I did not introduce more air.) The ABS seemed to be working great, but then it appears to have stopped again. I now seem to be back to the residual brakes where I was before the line ruptured. When I pulled the front brake lever, I do not always hear the pump trying to activate as it should. Could there be air in the system still? Can the dealer do a more complete air purge than I can do? This is a long saga I know, but do you guys think my ABS pump is dead/dying/intermittent failure, or do you think I should try the complete fluid change process again? I have used about about 20ounces of new fluid so far.

THanks for all your collective wisdom out here!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts