BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good running bike. 3rd owner for past 2 years. Well maintained. Only 55K miles (that is only 4K a year average for this bike).

Ad-ons include: Steal braided brake lines, Ohlins shocks F and R, J-pegs, GG Passenger armrests, drivers backrest, passenger floorboards, cup holder, LED tail lights, upgraded blue LED console lights, and first aid kit mounted behind the rear license plate.

F and R tires have lots of life left. Never been in an accident/laid down. Tipped over gently once when a weld on the center stand broke and gravity won.

Standard items: ABS brakes, AM/FM radio with CD (single and multi that sits in side bag). Also has input for MP3 player. Electronic cruise control, heated grips and seats, electric adjustable windshield, intercom ready just needs the BMW specific wire from rear to front.

Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/6ZoXgZnWdPQ9aL57A
Contact # 408-SixNineTwo-KIRK

$7000.00 (what I paid 2 years ago) cash deposit in my hand and a M class license if you want to test ride.

I will include a Sena blue tooth helmet intercom set and a couple jackets if the sale price is reasonable. Make me an offer!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What front tire do you have on it? The back is a bridgestone. It's a 2001? I noticed the BMW on front caliper. 2001 under i thought had Brembo on them. So your bike has no servo ABS then.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
What front tire do you have on it? The back is a bridgestone. It's a 2001? I noticed the BMW on front caliper. 2001 under i thought had Brembo on them. So your bike has no servo ABS then.
I also do not see the sensor on the final drive in the first picture. Bet it has servo brakes as you surmised by the BMW front caliper. Not sure if there were late 01's with I-ABS but would expect this bike to have it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nice Looking Bike! Good luck with the sale. How do you expect to get the same money for the bike that you paid for the bike 2 years ago? An '01 LT is far from a classic bike that retains or accrues value over time. Maybe you are just giving yourself some wiggle room in the price. You can always lower the price on something for sale - raising the price after publication is quite difficult and rarely achieved.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

I also do not see the sensor on the final drive in the first picture. Bet it has servo brakes as you surmised by the BMW front caliper. Not sure if there were late 01's with I-ABS but would expect this bike to have it.
James, Gordon,

Based on an older post (MAY 2014), I have to assume he is selling a 2003 and he just made a mistake in the title of this new post / ad.
See his older post here:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/100985-trunk-push-talk-wires.html#post964233

There might have been a few exceptions BUT the IABS with servos show up early in 2001 ONLY in other markets (Europe, Canada). Almost all USA market got the IABS with servos only starting in 2002.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
James, Gordon,

Based on an older post (MAY 2014), I have to assume he is selling a 2003 and he just made a mistake in the title of this new post / ad.
See his older post here:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/100985-trunk-push-talk-wires.html#post964233

There might have been a few exceptions BUT the IABS with servos show up early in 2001 ONLY in other markets (Europe, Canada). Almost all USA market got the IABS with servos only starting in 2002.
One other thing I noticed is the antenna is on the right side and on mine it is on the left. Is this possibly an import from Europe or other? I do see the other post listing as an 03 which would make sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts