BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a rebuild kit for the clutch master cylinder I run into,
"DUE TO THE RECENT LAWSUIT BROUGHT BY BMW AGAINST MAGURA, ONCE OUR CURRENT STOCK OF MAGURA PRODUCTS IS GONE WE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO SELL ANY BMW SPECIFIC MAGURA PRODUCTS. "
(Is this another reason to bash lawyers)? Yeah, sue the bastards. Way to go! Cant find a rebuild kit anywhere now. Did the industry see this coming? I didnt have a clue untill I needed a kit.
Is there an interchangable part/kit available? A replacment "whole assembly" meaning the whole clutch lever, master cyl. controll on left side handle bar. Does this mean the 99-04 K1200LT is becoming an obsolete bike?
Waaaaaaaaa!!! I just want to fix the clutch master cylinder!
Anybody have any advice?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Check with guitarjim, he is parting out his LT, he may have what you need. fast shipping, already bought some parts from him.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,168 Posts
I looked in MAX BMW parts list here is the kit you need.

10​
32 72 7 665 445​
MAINTENANCE KIT, PISTON - D=13MM​
0.02​
1​
$110.61​

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am WOW'd to say the least. Thank you for the replies. I searched the internet for 2 days and couldn't find any technical drawing or parts fiche of any kind on the clutch master cylinder. How Max BMW never returned in my search's has me looking at GOOGLE, holding MAX BMW in one hand, pointing @ it with my other hand, raising both arms in a gesture with raised eyebrows saying . . . WTF?!
Huge thanks jzeiler.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Trying to find a rebuild kit for the clutch master cylinder I run into,
"DUE TO THE RECENT LAWSUIT BROUGHT BY BMW AGAINST MAGURA, ONCE OUR CURRENT STOCK OF MAGURA PRODUCTS IS GONE WE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO SELL ANY BMW SPECIFIC MAGURA PRODUCTS. "
(Is this another reason to bash lawyers)? Yeah, sue the bastards. Way to go! Cant find a rebuild kit anywhere now. Did the industry see this coming? I didnt have a clue untill I needed a kit.
Is there an interchangable part/kit available? A replacment "whole assembly" meaning the whole clutch lever, master cyl. controll on left side handle bar. Does this mean the 99-04 K1200LT is becoming an obsolete bike?
Waaaaaaaaa!!! I just want to fix the clutch master cylinder!
Anybody have any advice?
More like bash BMW corporate. Corporate lawyers only sue when management tells them to so this is really a BMW corporate policy. I suspect Magura did not read the fine print in their contract with BMW which likely required them to make these parts only for BMW for some period of time. This isn’t an unusual requirement as most OEMs don’t want their competition to get access to parts they invested in R&D to design.

Did you check the BMW parts fiche at Max or Bob’s? I suspect BMW still sells the parts, they just want you to pay their exorbitant prices rather than paying Magura what the parts actually should sell for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts