BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and community and recently acquired a 2000 LTC. The seat feels a bit low and and I have longer legs so the current seat puts my knees a bit higher than my hips. The current seat does not have the height adjustment bar. The BMW dealer mechanic told me that the original seat was replaced with a lower one. I could order a new one from the dealer but I am wondering if there are any other suggestions to get a good quality replacement and how to be sure I would be getting the right one. The ones I found on eBay all seem to be chewed up and are not entirely clear about "standard" versus "low". Bottom line, I am wondering what the group thinks about other alternatives to get a standard heated seat put back on so that my legs don't cramp up on longer rides.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome to the site Dennis!

If you do alot of long hauls, you may want to look at an aftermarket seat. Just don't post "Which Seat is Best?" :histerica

Do a search, then it is all personal preference.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Look in the classifieds section and you might find an original seat. I did. Other than that you'll have to go after market.......Welcome to the site......... :)

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Do a search on "****-o-pegs".

A way to change the knee angles helps a lot. A lot of the other highway peg designs put your hips in the gyno exam position (which for me is worse than the knee pain).

I have a stock seat with ****-o-pegs which helps, but it is still knee stiffness/pain is the limiting factor for my stops.

Jim H.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The 2000 has a bar on the underside of the seat that allows 2 different positions. Just flip it for a different hieght.

·
Registered
498 Posts
BobW said:
The 2000 has a bar on the underside of the seat that allows 2 different positions. Just flip it for a different hieght.
He doesn't have the bar..... I thought the same thing...

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I don't have exceptionally long legs (34 inseam), but to have skied-out knees. I went with both MOPs and Suburban Machinery peg lowering. Nice to have options since no one position works 100% for me. I also have Automans, but I don't believe they're currently available.
I also ditched the stock seat and after a few tries with after market custom, I landed on a KonTour seat, which I find to be perfect for any length of ride. YMMV. Kept the heat and the top seat material allows a bit of air flow under you. Best thing about it is that it takes away the pressure points. Still, nothing is perfect. A bit of movement on the seat from time to time is needed. But I always get relief which, after a short amount of time, I couldn't get with stock.

HTH,
Jer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts