BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've searched for 2000 LT brake fluid bleed , change and I am getting answers but to other years than my 2000. Also seeing a lot of stuff about servo and speedbleeders and vacuum pumps.

my 2000 doesn't have servo and I don't think I have speedbleeders, nor do I have a vacuum pump.

Is there any really explicit articles showing how to bleed my brakes?

I'm sure it's not rocket science but I'm sure if there's a way to screw it up, I'll be able to find it.

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
On my 2000, all I do is change the fluid in the master cylinder, open a bleeder at the wheel, and let gravity do the flushing. It may take about ten minutes longer per wheel, but what is ten minutes?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Buuuuuuuuuuuut,

which are the bleeders?

I know this sounds stupid, I looked and did a search on Brake Bleeding thing on the forum. I actually got a herd of hits. One of the posts says "Unscrew the big black thing, make sure you heat it first with a blow dryer to loosen the loctite, you don't want to strip that."

Great, I go look at my bike. Do you have any idea how many big black things I have on my front caliper? Some larger than others but my complete caliper is black along with all the assorted connections.
heavy sigh...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,248 Posts
Seriously Doug,

If you have never done this before(LT or other vehicle), I would suggest soliciting the help of some one locally that has done this. At least get the manual so you know what you are looking at. To try this other wise would just invite disaster at the worst. It is not a difficult procedure but it does require a bit of knowledge of brake parts/systems. Just trying to save you some grief.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Doug i just got Paul Sayegh DVD's on LT service . He devotes a full segment to changing the brake fluid on the front wheel. Well worth the $ in my opinion.
Mike Burke
coastal N.C.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Groovy!

I just did a quick search on that name and found his website.
I should be getting a check in the mail some time this week. As soon as I do I'll be ordering all his dvd's.

That'll be good to see actual pictures of what's going on.
For the valve adjustment for sure.

thanks again for the information.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts