BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 K1200LT and when I turn my bike on and then proceed to turn the radio. on, it boots up then flashes NO RADIO. I have checked the fuse and made sure I have everything connected at the battery I am new to owning a BMW and would love any insight on this. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Remove the leads on the battery (Neg & Pos). ground the two to each other for a min or so. then let it sit for 10-15 min... It MAY reset everything... Do the Throttle reset after you button everything back up...

gary1261 said:
I have a 2000 K1200LT and when I turn my bike on and then proceed to turn the radio. on, it boots up then flashes NO RADIO. I have checked the fuse and made sure I have everything connected at the battery I am new to owning a BMW and would love any insight on this. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I chased my tail for 2 years troubleshooting various radio problems. I finally installed an Alpine Radio with Steering wheel remotes and haven't look back since.

$400 Alpine Stereo
$200 Installation
$100 Tip cause the dude rocked it!

Cruising with one of the best stereo systems on the road....Priceless.

·
Registered
498 Posts
mplsjay said:
I chased my tail for 2 years troubleshooting various radio problems. I finally installed an Alpine Radio with Steering wheel remotes and haven't look back since.

$400 Alpine Stereo
$200 Installation

:worthless

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
mplsjay said:
I hope I have attached the pictures correctly. One shows the radio installation and the other shows the steering wheel remote attached where the old radio remote was. Feel free to contact if you need additional information.

Looks nice. Would I be correct in presuming that it is a "marine unit" and or that the control unit is waterproof?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
mplsjay said:

$400 Alpine Stereo
$200 Installation

Does anyone else see the adverts that pop up when one mouses over the words "Stereo" and "best" in the original version of the post above.

I understand the move of site ownership, and I understand the need of the new owners to generate revenue to pay for the site and a reasonable return on investment, but IIRC the original premise was small banner ads on certain pages. Now it seems that they have inserted context-based ads into the message threads. Seriously?!

:b2topic:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Cochinosucio said:
:worthless
I can see the wheels turning, Matthew!

I have a complete left (right, too) handlebar switch/control set that you can borrow if you want to use it as a template to fabricate a piece made to hold the control head like it was made for the bike. Call or email me and I will get it to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Looks nice. Would I be correct in presuming that it is a "marine unit" and or that the control unit is waterproof?

Alpine CDA-9886M Marine Radio - Water resistant - princess doesn't spend too much time out in the pouring rain. My favorite part was the installer took out the center control unit, fabricated a cover to replace it and stuck the BMW logo in it. Hence the $100 tip.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Does anyone else see the adverts that pop up when one mouses over the words "Stereo" and "best" in the original version of the post above.

I understand the move of site ownership, and I understand the need of the new owners to generate revenue to pay for the site and a reasonable return on investment, but IIRC the original premise was small banner ads on certain pages. Now it seems that they have inserted context-based ads into the message threads. Seriously?!

:b2topic:
No ads here!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts