BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's time for Spieglers
Which means I have to bleed the new lines and the front right bleeder valve on the bike which has a wonky ball bearing bleeder valve.
I'll need to switch it out to a regular bleeder so that I can bleed the brakes.
Do I have to get it from the Dealer or will a standard one from an auto parts do?

Also is there anyone who sells Spieglers at a discount??? Just hoping

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
So it's time for Spieglers
Which means I have to bleed the new lines and the front right bleeder valve on the bike which has a wonky ball bearing bleeder valve.
I'll need to switch it out to a regular bleeder so that I can bleed the brakes.
Do I have to get it from the Dealer or will a standard one from an auto parts do?

Also is there anyone who sells Spieglers at a discount??? Just hoping
I think Spieglers are a price protected thing like Apple I-pads so I haven't heard of anyone discounting them however, buying the set from a dealer rather than direct can get you a set that includes new banjo bolts as well where the direct set from Siegler does not. You would have to find a dealer and check what is included.

As for the brake bleeder screw, Here is a suggestion. Leave the check ball vent screw attachment alone and do things in this order.

Front first and use the bleed screw from the rear wheel caliper to bleed at the check ball. Next, move to the clutch and bleed that as it also has a vent screw attachment on it and finally, move to the rear wheel and replace the screw there. I bought an assortment of screws from an auto store but none of them fit so I bought one from the dealer and keep it in my tool box for future bleeds.

Be cautious in removing the vent screw as it is in there with loctite and needs heat to be removed but don't melt your calipers seals in the process.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
Sportbiketrackgear.com seems to have the best prices and you get an in store reward credit every time you buy something. My last set from them was about $250

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Spieglers are a price protected thing like Apple I-pads so I haven't heard of anyone discounting them however, buying the set from a dealer rather than direct can get you a set that includes new banjo bolts as well where the direct set from Siegler does not. You would have to find a dealer and check what is included.

As for the brake bleeder screw, Here is a suggestion. Leave the check ball vent screw attachment alone and do things in this order.

Front first and use the bleed screw from the rear wheel caliper to bleed at the check ball. Next, move to the clutch and bleed that as it also has a vent screw attachment on it and finally, move to the rear wheel and replace the screw there. I bought an assortment of screws from an auto store but none of them fit so I bought one from the dealer and keep it in my tool box for future bleeds.

Be cautious in removing the vent screw as it is in there with loctite and needs heat to be removed but don't melt your calipers seals in the process.
Great work around. Thanks:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts