BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '05 I noted 2 wires with insulated spade connectors on the ends taped to the steel handlebar and connected to nothing. Anyone know what these are intended for ? Just curious, everything works as it's supposed to on the bike. Maybe they are the control for the optional coffee cup holder that morphs up out of the plastic cover.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
K100Dennis said:
On my '05 I noted 2 wires with insulated spade connectors on the ends taped to the steel handlebar and connected to nothing. Anyone know what these are intended for ? Just curious, everything works as it's supposed to on the bike. Maybe they are the control for the optional coffee cup holder that morphs up out of the plastic cover.
The cup holder folds up when you press on the release button... Good guess, though. :)

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Are you sure it's two wires and not three? If it's 3 wires then it's for connecting a radar detector to power and comm system.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, 2 wires only, looks to have been taped in position at the factory. I also found a plug at the end of a cable under the radio/cd unit when I had it out, obviously for some other option as well. Mine has the blue tooth etc selector on top of the radio unit so it's possibly to do with that.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
K100Dennis said:
Mine has the blue tooth etc selector on top of the radio unit so it's possibly to do with that.
BlueTooth selector unit? That is a new one on me...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Under the CD head access cover, on top of the CD unit there is a rotary selector knob with a display. There are several positions, 1 shows a telephone, another speakers etc. Normally the display reads "ON" when the radio is operating. It's part of the "VOICE 2" system, there's a separate instruction booklet with my other documentation for the bike. I assume I just need to buy the headsets and select the appropriate function for comms etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts