BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been through 3 tanks of gas since I changed my 2004 LT to the 2.75 final drive gear ratio. I never use the BC to calculate my gas mileage. Dividing miles by gallons I am getting 3.5 miles per gallon better with the 2.75 ratio. It also has a little better acceleration feel on the throttle response. I now get the same gas mileage with my 2004 LT that I get with my 2000 LT. I'm getting 50 mpg now with the 10% Ethanol fuel with both of my LT's. :yeah:

·
Registered
847 Posts
I bet Dave you are not going over 80+ MPH to get that kind of milage its more like something like under 60 and not hammering to hard on it like real easy on the thortle But that just not sound like you being easy on that beast:bmw:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet Dave you are not going over 80+ MPH to get that kind of milage its more like something like under 60 and not hammering to hard on it like real easy on the thortle But that just not sound like you being easy on that beast:bmw:
I'm very easy on my LT's unless I'm being chased in the mountains.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I'll second that mountain chasing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been through 3 tanks of gas since I changed my 2004 LT to the 2.75 final drive gear ratio. I never use the BC to calculate my gas mileage. Dividing miles by gallons I am getting 3.5 miles per gallon better with the 2.75 ratio. It also has a little better acceleration feel on the throttle response. I now get the same gas mileage with my 2004 LT that I get with my 2000 LT. I'm getting 50 mpg now with the 10% Ethanol fuel with both of my LT's. :yeah:
What year did they change the ratios?

thanks...Randy

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
I gotta stir the pot though. How are you calculating your actual mileage ridden? Changing the ratio changes the total miles indicated. Just curious if you adjusted for that?

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I gotta stir the pot though. How are you calculating your actual mileage ridden? Changing the ratio changes the total miles indicated. Just curious if you adjusted for that?
I thought the LT used the ABS ring for speedometer and odometer input...

·
Registered
795 Posts
And I'm gonna stir some too.....

Did that fix the tachometer issue?
I think the tach issue was on the Y2K if memory serves:think:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Changing FD ratio does not change wheel speed, different wheel circumference would affect speedometer

And who needs a tach anyways

1 - 12 of 12 Posts