BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was just delivered this morning, figured out a few things..can't start it with the side stand down & in gear. A little leery at first, but MAN WHAT A RIDE! Props to Messr. Boatzo who sold me his beloved Delilah (I lover her!). Below is a pic of my current ride (rigid 1250cc Sportster bobber) and Delilah will give me more time in the saddle.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
So happy that you like it Bill and that it arrived OK. You can start it with the side stand down if it is in neutral. Otherwise, pull in the clutch and that will work too. Now as they say, "ride it like you stole it" :dance:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was a little leery during my 1st ride due to all the comments about it being top heavy (just the way I like my women ;) ) but all was fine! Took a ride around the side streets (~20 miles) just to get used to her while starting & stopping...no prob. Took another ride on the freeway (again ~20 miles) and Oh boy(!) if I ain't real(!) careful I'm gonna get a bunch of speeding tickets. Paying attention to merging on to the freeway and finally looking down I was doing 85mph.....felt like 40 :wow: This is gonna be fun.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. You'll be spoiled by it now. Lots of happy miles in your future. Good luck and ride safe........ :D

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You'll be selling that hardtail before you know it...

The plush ride of the LT will definately spoil you....

Congrats on the new ride..

John

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Glad you like the old gal, Bill. Wishing you many miles and smiles to come. Those are two things, among many, that the LT is good for.

I have to ask... what is the significance of your moniker? No offense intended, but each time I see it my brain pronounces it "Band Scum" which I hope is way off base (yes, I see the s after the b, but my feeble mind usually misses it!).

·
Registered
929 Posts
Congrats...If I had that bobber, I too would think the LT ride is paradise. Welcome to our madness and enjoy!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the 99! Yes, she truly is a bike that will spoil you. I could have never owned one had it not been for the massive amount of help and wisdom from this site! I am on my third LT now, and love every day I get to ride.
Look into doing the speedometer modification to ensure accurate readings. They come from the factory reading inherently faster than you are actually going. Easy fix.
Would love to know when you first get all the Tupperware off, and more importantly, the story of when you join the infamous "club"! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deputy5211 said:
Glad you like the old gal, Bill. Wishing you many miles and smiles to come. Those are two things, among many, that the LT is good for.

I have to ask... what is the significance of your moniker? No offense intended, but each time I see it my brain pronounces it "Band Scum" which I hope is way off base (yes, I see the s after the b, but my feeble mind usually misses it!).
Thanks all! Rode her to work today (37 degrees) loving it! The 'bsndscrn' is an amalgam of parts of my name Bill SNoDgrass (BSND) and my wifes name prior to our marriage Sandy CRxxNx (SCRN). Something I started using for an ID for both of us to use and now I use it for various forums to which I belong. Another moniker I use is SameOldBill, if you look close at the bobber you will see SOB in the smoke coming from the cigar.....it took me a while to figure out what they meant when they said "There goes that SOB!"...(same old bill). I might be slow, but eventually I catch on :histerica

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Hey Bill,
Welcome to the Land of the LT--Cleveland Ohio!!
We have a very active Beemer Club and quite a few LT's in the membership.
Costs next to nuth'in and we have lots of fun during the season and even events in the winter to keep the blood flowing!

Send me a PM if you want more info

Paul
Editor CCN
Cleveland Club News

btw, at our April meeting I'm going to give a presentation on my trip to Africa!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats on the LT, but I gotta tell ya, a 1970's two stroke dirtbike would have a better ride than a rigid 1200 Sportster. Sure the LT is smooth, it's got suspension (and brakes!!) on both ends.
the LT is in it's element on the highway, 2 up or solo, it's a smooth runner. :cool:

·
Registered
335 Posts
bsndscrn said:
It was just delivered this morning, figured out a few things..can't start it with the side stand down & in gear. A little leery at first, but MAN WHAT A RIDE! Props to Messr. Boatzo who sold me his beloved Delilah (I lover her!). Below is a pic of my current ride (rigid 1250cc Sportster bobber) and Delilah will give me more time in the saddle.
Hey Bill - that is a nice Sportster - looks perfect for "profiling". If that term is not familiar, it is riding downtown on narrow streets, straight pipe sounds echoing like in a canyon, turning your head alternately side to side checking out how good you look in the reflections from the glass strorefronts, and occasionally racking the throttle to see which windows you can rattle. Your photo brings back lot of memories because it's been a long time since I had a profiling ride. Even still, I have no doubt that the good old days are right now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah, if it weren't for the 'variable' weather of Cleveland the bobber would be my only ride. I love the basic elemental nature of the Sporty and everything about her was by my choice...I'm too old for bar hopping & "pos'in". I do love the LT for what she brings to the table: high level of engineering, easy going ride, my wife will ride with me, more time in the saddle (days when the potential for wet road spray in my face won't force me into my 'cage'), I can even ride the LT to the golf course with my clubs...given the right conditions the Sporty would be my first choice for a ride...love'm both for different reasons :)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
bsndscrn said:
Thanks all! Rode her to work today (37 degrees) loving it! The 'bsndscrn' is an amalgam of parts of my name Bill SNoDgrass (BSND) and my wifes name prior to our marriage Sandy CRxxNx (SCRN). Something I started using for an ID for both of us to use and now I use it for various forums to which I belong. Another moniker I use is SameOldBill, if you look close at the bobber you will see SOB in the smoke coming from the cigar.....it took me a while to figure out what they meant when they said "There goes that SOB!"...(same old bill). I might be slow, but eventually I catch on :histerica

I like your version SOOO much better than mine. :)

I use a combined ID for my wife and I to share, but [email protected] is not nearly as clever as yours! Welcome!! Glad you found our little corner of cyberspace. Enjoy the LT and know you now have friend all over the USA and the world if you ever need something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.