BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say howdy. Been lurking for a while... Been riding since 73 (if you can count a Briggs and Stratton mini bike). 1st (real) bike was a Honda 350 -4 back in 78, then a Honda 450 twin, then a Yamaha 175 and a Kawasaki Z1-900 that I rode through my try at higher education. Later on I got a Suzuki 750. In 93 I bought a Harley flstf that I still have. As I got older I wanted something to take on longer trips... so I bought a 2004 R1150RT last year. After riding that for a year I came to realize that the R bike wasn't quite what I was looking for so I traded it for a 05 LT. So far I have put about 1000 miles on the new ride and I think I have found what I was looking for. Great forum and so much information that I will be busy for quite a while trying to soak it all in.

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
KingAlbertinacan said:
Just thought I would say howdy. Been lurking for a while... Been riding since 73 (if you can count a Briggs and Stratton mini bike). 1st (real) bike was a Honda 350 -4 back in 78, then a Honda 450 twin, then a Yamaha 175 and a Kawasaki Z1-900 that I rode through my try at higher education. Later on I got a Suzuki 750. In 93 I bought a Harley flstf that I still have. As I got older I wanted something to take on longer trips... so I bought a 2004 R1150RT last year. After riding that for a year I came to realize that the R bike wasn't quite what I was looking for so I traded it for a 05 LT. So far I have put about 1000 miles on the new ride and I think I have found what I was looking for. Great forum and so much information that I will be busy for quite a while trying to soak it all in.

Scott
Welcome to the forum - you're lucky - looks like you've got a good bunch of LT owners in TX for rides out with and knowledge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Welcome

Glad to hear from another Texican! My main question, being fairly new around here myself, is this: Did you get her up on the center stand yet? It took me two months to figure it out, so I guess I'm keeping her!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
I am not crazy, I am not crazy, I am not crazy...........................Enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
[QUOTE Welcome to the nut house.[/QUOTE] Welcome to the nut house, I am not crazy. LOL :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
motorman587 said:
I am not crazy, I am not crazy, I am not crazy...........................Enjoy.
Motorman...time to take your meds. Let's stay on track. You have been doing so well not scarying the newbies. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reggosnell said:
Glad to hear from another Texican! My main question, being fairly new around here myself, is this: Did you get her up on the center stand yet? It took me two months to figure it out, so I guess I'm keeping her!
Mines got the electric center stand... what more could you want?
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
KingAlbertinacan said:
Mines got the electric center stand... what more could you want?
Scott you just have know idea how much more you could want;)
Welcome to the group. Check the "South Central" forum for local stuff:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
KingAlbertinacan said:
Just thought I would say howdy. Been lurking for a while... Been riding since 73 (if you can count a Briggs and Stratton mini bike). 1st (real) bike was a Honda 350 -4 back in 78, then a Honda 450 twin, then a Yamaha 175 and a Kawasaki Z1-900 that I rode through my try at higher education. Later on I got a Suzuki 750. In 93 I bought a Harley flstf that I still have. As I got older I wanted something to take on longer trips... so I bought a 2004 R1150RT last year. After riding that for a year I came to realize that the R bike wasn't quite what I was looking for so I traded it for a 05 LT. So far I have put about 1000 miles on the new ride and I think I have found what I was looking for. Great forum and so much information that I will be busy for quite a while trying to soak it all in.

Scott
Congrats and welcome. You will hear many of us bitch and complain about our LTs from time to time, much like we bitch and complain about our spouses whom we also love dearly.

Try not to let it scare you. It's a really great bike.

Find a "Tech Session" in your area, and tear off some of that Tupperware. It's good therapy! :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top