BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

Just collected my 2000 K1200LT. Rode it 160 miles to arrive home. A pleasure in itself.

I must admit that having read some of the comments on this forum I was somewhat apprehensive, all the talk of top heaviness and ungainly low speed handling.

After the first mile I settled in easily and my view is that adverse reports as above can be misleading. It's a big bike that hides its size easily and by the end of my journey I was throwing it about with gay (no not that sort) abandon.

I got lots of documentation with the bike but no "riders manual". Does anybody have an electric copy that they could post so that I can learn more about my new ride?

Thanks

BDC

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome. I too remember my reluctance when I first rode mine, only to find that most of the fears quickly went away. Straight ahead at a dead stop, feather the throttle/slip clutch/ride rear brake/keep head up when turning tight and she turns on a dime with no problems.
Don't know where to get a digital owners manual. You might post a WTB in the classifieds. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts