BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day the two red brake failure annunciators alternately flashed at 1Hz. Brakes worked fine, although I did not try to lock them up to test ABS functionality.

Got home, turned bike off, grabbed a bottle of water, restated bike and indication was gone.

Today when riding home, the same thing happened.

My suspicion is that the system is trying to tell me that I need pads as upon visual inspection the appear a bit thin.

Can anyone concur with or negate this conclusion?

Also, what are the EBC part numbers for front and rear pads, sintered, for 2005 K1200LT?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
No ABS function when the lights are flashing. Checked your battery lately? Could be low voltage. Beemerboneyard has your pads. I Just got all three sets for under a hundred bucks. Also make sure your reservoirs are full.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, check the voltage, then if that's ok, check the fluid level in the (2) ABS module reservoirs as this lowers as the pads wear. Raise it slightly to prove (or not) the problem. Be mindful though that when you install the new pads that level will be raised to a point where it may overflow, so the extra fluid would need to be removed.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
The 05 reservoir (if filled correctly with the pistons fully retracted) will show the wig-wag about the time you need new pads. They are not a sensitive as the early bikes to low fluid, which requires periodic top offs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts