BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple request here that is being a Pain to find. I want to charge my phone. I want to use the 12V port on the left side of the bike near my feet. I've read plenty on using it to heat gloves and jackets but nothing as simple as charging my phone. Looking for an equivalent 12V cigarette USB port charging that you can easily find for cars.

any assistance would be fantastic! (i can't even believe i'm asking this....HA!)

Thanks,

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
just remember the power ports near the feet are always live, not switched power... so if you leave anything plugged in there it can drain your battery.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
And the same wiring is available under the tupperware on the right side of the bike at the same location so you could put a regular power outlet there if you wanted to. I chose to put an sae connecter to my tank bag and put a dual usb charging port in there.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
So here is my solution -

BMW Power Outlet

USB Adapter

Then just pic your cable. I carry two - one for the micro usb plug and one for my Sansa MP3 player.

·
Registered
517 Posts
+1 on what Gruivis did. My only change is I have a longer Powerlet cable that allows me to bring it up and hook into a loop on the edge of the tank bag. I put the USB adapter, cable and phone in the tank bag until I want to use it.

The same Powerlet cord can be used to power lots of things. I carry a small compressor and a light that can be powered from there to name a couple.

Works for me on trips.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I installed a standard 12V socket under the seat, hooks to the battery direct with a fuse, powers the gps, charge the phone, powers the air compressor...yea, don't leave stuff plugged in for days tho..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts