BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1999' K1200LT intercom HELP

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  shoswell 
#1 ·
How can you adjust the squelch on this 1999 K1200LT? It activates with wind even at low speeds.

#4 ·
I'll beat Bob to the punch.... :D
If you do have the BC1 (Two sets of 2.5mm & 3.5mm jacks with a dial in the middle and a toggle switch) then unfortunately it is preset at the factory. Just today another member said he read somewhere on the form that you may be able to adjust it internally. but stipulated it was not an easy adjustment. The BC1 was their first go around with a comsystem and it missed the mark in several area's (some say)...

#5 ·
Now the BC-1 is the model with the reel to reel tape player on it, right? ;)

I was looking at your avatar photo and it appears you have flip-up full face helmets but I can't tell if you have wind muffs on your microphones. If you do, great. If not, you might want to add them, replace them if they're old, or get a thicker version. Another thought is to get a taller/wider windshield like the Cee Bailey with wings. Ultimately, the 'best' plan would be to replace the BC-1 with something less primitive even a BC-2 or BC-3 would give you quite a few more modern options and adjustments. Something to think about.

#7 · (Edited)
geratunc said:
Would it be hard to change out to a BC-2 or BC-3 ? And where do you think I could fine one? :confused:
Yes and no. The steeler could and most likely would get you into a VOICEII system for and installed price of $1500 (estimate) You can find them on ebay and such but unless you luck on one that includes the CD or tape (basically everything under the oddments cover it can be done, but does include wiring the power connections yourself or more steeler options.... Your best case scenario would be to go aftermarket. there are several out there that will do what you want quite easily. You can go high $$ or low $$. Starcom has been getting good reviews for the low budget and autocom is always the best bet but BMW (Bring My Wallet) Or just learn to live with what you have... :D

The attachments are not labeled correct, as I recently found. BC-1 is correct but the second attachment is the BC-2. J&M did the BC-3 and of coarse the VoiceII are labeled correctly..

The BC2 would accomplish (I think) what you want and it MAY be plug-n-play but, #1- good luck finding one and #2 why?

And no the very first "test" version had the reel-to-reel. They changed to 6 track on the BC-1!

Attachments

#8 ·
If you go after market and music IS NOT an issue, we were in a shop this weekend and they said they can't keep the Cardo Wireless Team Sets in stock. It's a wireless bluetooth intercom that will accept at least 2 more bluetooth connections. In other words if you have Bluetooth MP3 or a bluetooth phone that will hold MP3s you can still have music in the helmet. However, they said do not test the unit in quiet of your living room becuse it's too quiet to activate the intercom. It's designed to work with the noise on motorcycle. It retails for just $200.00 at most places.

#9 ·
My wife and I use the Cardo Teamset (not the newer Q2) and are pleased with it. It does have a mode where you can override the VOX and leave the intercom active all the time. We have gone all day without the batteries dying on us - but we are careful about turning them off when we are stopped somewhere. I don't listen to music when I ride but did try it while playing music on my bluetooth phone and it worked fine. You can also plug a music source into each helmet directly and each person can listen to whatever they want.

#10 ·
Looks like I, and many others were WRONG! After poking around on the site last night I came up with an adjustment to the BC1, difficult to get to and I would assume difficult to adjust to your liking but it can be done.....Not having one close at this point, you may be able to pull the two top screws and slide the unit out.

Hopefully this was the intent as removing the stingray each time to adjust it would be a royal pain to say the least..

Happy times!

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
My gut is to tell you NO! The comsystem you have is antiquated, think about the phones they had back in the late 90's and add the gerry's bad design of the BC1 into the mix. Your first problem to over come is the fact that you have two separate inputs for the phone, audio in and audio out on the BC. Think speakers and Microphone. If you could figure out your phones pin allocation you could possibly make your own, but you would be going from (I assume) a four pin, 2.5MM connection on your phone into a 2.5mm and 3.5mm connection on the BC1, each of which has 3 pins inside. You do the math and you can see you would be there quite a while...

Just my $.02

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.