BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale:

Basalt Gray
Rider backrest, passenger arm rests. includes cover, battery tender.
Mileage: 144??.

Owner passed away, wife wants to sell. She has old service records, Brake hoses have not been changed, but look OK. Bike was purchased new from Blackmans Cycle.
Last serviced at Hermys in Port Clinton, PA. She has had a friend ride to keep it going.

location of bike Bethlehem, PA

You can call me at 610 349 4168 or call owner Donna at 610-509-6233.

asking price is $6000, or best offer.

George

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
First I hate these kind of sales. A poor lady who has lost her husband, what can I say.
The bike is 18 years old, no major updates medium high miles. It is not going to bring in 6000$, be prepared for 3500 if you want to sell it. Positive side, not servo.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I agree with the previous post, $6000 for a 99 is too much. Heck I have a 2000 that has all sorts of farkles on it with 75000 miles, and I can give it away for $3000. Best of luck regardless.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
At that age the sale price will be much lower than $6,000.
Also the brake lines will appear to be fine from the outside, but they are an accident waiting to happen because of their age. Typically the front will develop a leak while the rear will constrict and not allow the fluid to get out of the caliper, causing the brake assembly to get really hot. That happened to my 05 LT at 8 years of age just under 80k miles.
I know it is not what you want to hear as you are trying to help your friend...:frown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts