BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, now I've got the mileage results on the Metzeler Marathon 880 front & 888 rear.
Running 42/48 psi, I managed 19300 miles and could have gotten easily 20k if not for a pin hole leak in the center of the rear tread. Tires performed well even in monsoon rains which nailed me many, many times over this last ride of 11408 mi.
The front did start cupping at about 13000mi. I may have contributed a bit to that by not watching my psi over a particular two day period just before noticing the cupping. I typically had to add a pound or two every few days so I may have been down by that much for a couple of days. Next time around I'll be watching it better to see if cupping can be avoided longer.
I like the Metzelers and have ordered up an exact replacement set.

Bob
PS: I corner & ride aggressively, so factor that into the mileage as well.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I did that once too. Road them to 20K then the rear tire slipped out from under me in the rain. Ya, maybe I was a little too aggressive in the rain but I never ran them down that far again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that once too. Road them to 20K then the rear tire slipped out from under me in the rain. Ya, maybe I was a little too aggressive in the rain but I never ran them down that far again.
Rain & wet roads are the only place I temper the aggression. Also, I never set out to get that much mileage. It's just that I haven't been home in over 11000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts