BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread tonight about the best type of battery tender to use on our BMW bikes. That said, I received an email today from Jafrum that advertised a battery tender junior charger. Seems like an OK deal but nothing of a steal ($8.95 to ship it).

Here is a link to read: http://www.jafrum.com.

Hope it helps.

Glenn
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
313 Posts
I've had 2 of them for @ 3yrs. No complaints. I see a lot of talk about battery and tender compatibility on site. I have a 5 yr old no maintenance BMW battery. I guess ignorance is bliss, because I've never had any problems. If you can get that tender delivered for under $30, you've scored.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
The Deltran Junior tender will do a job, but it is half as slow as the Tender plus, which you can purchase at Amazon for 43.00 shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
I've half a dozen bikes sitting in the shop right now - including my LT - with this insanely cheap (under $10.00 currently - but I bought mine on sale for $5.00 each) Harbor Freight tender on each one.

Automatic Battery Charger - 12V

It works great as long as your battery is fully charged when you put it on... ;) It will not bring a poorly charged battery "back to life" like the expensive units can, but if you are showing 12v or more you are good to go for pocket change.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Walmart..19.99, pick it up and carry it home...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
Is the Deltran tender half as slow or half as fast? Doesn't half as slow = twice as fast?

Loren

lesn said:
The Deltran Junior tender will do a job, but it is half as slow as the Tender plus, which you can purchase at Amazon for 43.00 shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Is the Deltran tender half as slow or half as fast? Doesn't half as slow = twice as fast?

Loren

Good point Loren
it depends on wether you consider the glass half empty or half full !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
lesn said:
Good point Loren
it depends on wether you consider the glass half empty or half full !
I would consider the glass is twice as big as it needs to be! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
I got one myself from them nearly a year ago at that price. Not bad at all and more than does the job. The shipping was a tad lower at the time but not much. Plus since they're in NC and I'm in GA, the standard shipping got it here the next day. :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI: I just bought two battery tender juniors for my other bike and truck...only one shipping charge of $8.95 for the entire order. Wooo hoo.

G
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
313 Posts
RonKMiller said:
I've half a dozen bikes sitting in the shop right now - including my LT - with this insanely cheap (under $10.00 currently - but I bought mine on sale for $5.00 each) Harbor Freight tender on each one.

Ron, the more expensive charger/tenders, send higher quality electrons to the battery. Didn't you know that?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top