BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Two suggestions...

1. Keep it in rain mode for a while

2. Leave the controller wheel alone while moving. Play with it while parked

oh and one more..... Don't activate the radio or even turn on the radio for a while.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanDiver said:
Two suggestions...

1. Keep it in rain mode for a while

oh and one more..... Don't activate the radio or even turn on the radio for a while.
Good idea, thanks :bmw:

·
Registered
616 Posts
DanDiver said:
+1. Spend a lot of time sitting on the bike in the garage playing with the menus and gadgets.

Steve likes to make "vroom vroom" noises when he does that...whatever turns you on. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's very easy to get distracted with all of the information at first. Just ride it like an old-fashioned bike, learn the gadgets while stopped, then gradually start using them while on the road.

It has enough torque to be ridden at low revs, but learn to wind it up. It's smoother and lots more fun that way. Life begins north of 3K. I didn't do the Rain mode thing, as I was used to a very fast throttle. But for Dan, coming from an LT, that makes a lot of sense....don't know what you're used to. Try it and see what feels best for you.

Congratulations on the new bike!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome...you're going to find this to be the machine you've only dreamt could be possible. Suggest, if you haven't already considered, highway bars to protect the engine if it should tip and also the rear case brake light addition. I see these as essential. You might consider a new windshield and possibly a seat (I don't mind the stock seat with a nice thick sheepskin on it), but these can wait. Enjoy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reid said:
Welcome...you're going to find this to be the machine you've only dreamt could be possible. Suggest, if you haven't already considered, highway bars to protect the engine if it should tip and also the rear case brake light addition. I see these as essential. You might consider a new windshield and possibly a seat (I don't mind the stock seat with a nice thick sheepskin on it), but these can wait. Enjoy!
Thanks for the welcome everyone, i did order engine guard with high pegs, that that helmetstarts with S with blue tooth option, yes on the info about least amount of distraction at first. :dance: :dance:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Fact is the more you ride it the more you will love it. If you haven’t already, hook up with the Hill Country guys. Rumor has it they will ride 300+ miles just for a piece of pie. They is a great bunch of guys on the South Central Forum that routinely get together and ride. Unlike us So Cal rides who are too busy working, splitting lanes in LA traffic while commuting, just so we pay our taxes so the state doesn’t go bankrupt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorchilla said:
Congrats on the new ride. Fact is the more you ride it the more you will love it. If you haven’t already, hook up with the Hill Country guys. Rumor has it they will ride 300+ miles just for a piece of pie. They is a great bunch of guys on the South Central Forum that routinely get together and ride. Unlike us So Cal rides who are too busy working, splitting lanes in LA traffic while commuting, just so we pay our taxes so the state doesn’t go bankrupt.
Kerrville i guess?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts