BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my K1300 GT (my first BMW) in for the the 600 mile service.When I called to see when I could pick it up my dealer said the were waiting on parts that had to be ordered for a recall on the front master cylinder. Does anyone know anything about this recall?

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
plsgone said:
I took my K1300 GT (my first BMW) in for the the 600 mile service.When I called to see when I could pick it up my dealer said the were waiting on parts that had to be ordered for a recall on the front master cylinder. Does anyone know anything about this recall?
Yep the switch pods on both side of the handle bars on all K1300 made before Feb of this year are ALL bad. Seams the supplier use cheap wiring & they all stop working. Not a big deal but it does need to be fixed.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I think he's talking about the NHSTA recall on the front brake master cylinder reservoir. In situations with a high level of vibration it can cause the brake fluid to foam up I think I would have stopped long before that if my GT vibrated that much) and impair braking power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer told me about the switches; he said there was a service bulletin that tells them what to look for when / if the problem occurs but no recall.

When they told me about the recall the did say front master cylinder. The way the master cylinder sets up on the handle bars; I suppose small vibration could be intensified, but I cant imagine that much vibration on the new GT. I'll find out more when I pick it up.

Thanks to both of you for the reply.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well the GT's I demoed had vibration big time, that would do it. Still loved the bike though.

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
plsgone said:
After years of riding H-D I can't tell if the BMW is even running.
Sure you can. Just twist that little grip on the right, then hang on. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had my 600 last week and they did the recall.

It is a 5 minute job, they remove some fluid, add a sponge like thing - top it off and you're done.

Make sure that they replace BOTH your switchgear sets not just the one for starting the bike.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Semper_Fi said:
It is a 5 minute job, they remove some fluid, add a sponge like thing - top it off and you're done.
They fixed the issue with a sponge? :histerica Maybe they shoulda threw a sponge in the final drive too? :rotf:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
They fixed the issue with a sponge? :histerica Maybe they shoulda threw a sponge in the final drive too? :rotf:
Would that be a contraceptive sponge or just a regular ole' sponge? :histerica :p

·
Registered
262 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
Would that be a contraceptive sponge or just a regular ole' sponge? :histerica :p
Too funny!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts